The Boshuisie is a fully serviced 2 bedroom on-suite Bush hut overlooking the Mogol River. This is a true African bush camp with open air boma and small gas powered kitchenette on the deck. The Boshuisie has a gas geyser for hot showers but no electricity. With enough gas and battery light provided and ample wood for camp fires under the African sky, this is roughing it in style. This Thatched cabin is built on a hillside with amazing views of the river and surrounding bushveld. Here you can fall asleep listening to the sounds of the African bush or just relax on the overhanging deck enjoying another African sunset. This private mountain hideaway sleeps five to six people sharing.
Accommodation Rates: Minimum Rate R900-00 per night
- Self-cater R300-00 p/p sharing per night. (R900-00 minimum rate for the Camp)
- BB: R450-00 p/p
- DBB: R650-00 p/p
- Kids under 12 years of age, R150.00
- All bedding, towels, cutlery, cooking utensils etc. are provided. Laundry service on request.
- Mattaniah is home to more than 30 species of free ranging African game and we have identified over 300 species of birds on the reserve.
- Bookings confirmed on payment of 50% deposit of accommodation. No dates will be booked without deposit.
Boshuisie Check List
|Gas Freezer||Box type||Windows||Mesh/Canvas flaps||Towels||Yes|
|Stove||2 plate||Boma||Open air||Pots/Pans||Yes|
|Room1||2 single beds||Room 2||3 single beds||Showers||1 per room|
Things to pack:
- Torches and extra light
- Binoculars and Camera (extra batteries)
- Fishing gear
- Insect spray and insect repellent like Peacefull sleep or Tabard
- Bottled water if you don’t like natural mountain borehole water
- Hiking boots (not new ones) old pair of tekkies will work fine
- Hat and sun screen
- Bird and animals reference books